Mathew Goldstein has modified pfind for use at GMU. His version does some syntax checking on the pages and lists them by title. Check it out: ptfind.pl.
Found homepages will be printed to a html file utilizing tables. The output is also viewable by older browsers and lynx. Homepages are catagorized by users home directory. Each catagory will be printed in a seperate table.
For instance, users whose home directory paths contain student will be considered to be a student and will be printed in the student table of homepages.
<Base TARGET="_new"> added, so now you don't have to redraw the whole index when you are finished viewing a listed page. Output may also now be in HTML or VRML format. VRML part is a little wacked. I noticed there is a VRML perl module available now. Maybe I'll try that out sometime. Note: I made a small change (7/27/96) that will greatly reduce the size of the output. On an index of 450 pages the index shrunk by 11k.
These sites use a modified pfind.
pfind -h2v old.html > new.wrl